I often get emails with the same questions so I thought it was time to do an FAQ. If your question is not on this list, please email me at Laura@missbuttercup.com.
1. What kind of camera do you use?
2. How did you learn photography?
I took a 9 week course at Photo Manhattan. That course changed my life and it’s very affordable!
3. Where did you get the name Miss Buttercup?
I was looking for a name for months and my friend’s husband came up with it. I also love buttercup because I love Princess Buttercup from the Princess Bride. It also reminds me of that song, “Build me up Buttercup” and I love that the word buttercup reminds me of cupcakes.
4. What is your blog about?
It first started off as a food blog but there were so many things that inspired me so now, I write about travel and inspirational posts.
5. How do you afford to travel?
That’s my biggest expense and I’m willing to sacrifice most things to be able to travel e.g. I don’t own a house, car, or pets and I’m really frugal on certain things like clothes. I’ve always been a bargain girl; I will not pay retail.
6. Do you eat all the things you make?
Yes, I have to taste-test everything I make. I have to figure out how to give away the goodies I make because I’ll be miss buttercream soon.
7. Where do you get your recipes?
Usually, I’ll find things in magazines like Bon Appetit, Martha Stewart Living, Food & Wine, Saveur or I’ll get inspired by something I ate while I was traveling and research on how to make it.
8. How do you research the places you travel to?
I cross-reference a lot of sources like the NYTimes, blogs, Lonely Planet, Travel & Leisure, friends who’ve been there, and locals.
9. Can I use your photographs?
Yes but please credit missbuttercup.com
10. How do you stay in shape while eating the way you do on your blog?
11. Who takes your photos?
If it’s a picture of me, it’s anyone who is with me at the time but all the others I take myself.
12. Where do you live?
Manhattan, New York
13. Where do you go shopping?
14. What are your favorite restaurants in New York?
Marea for special occasions, Keste for pizza, La Colombe for coffee